Human Support Services is thrilled to announce an exciting and innovative project we believe will offer countless opportunities for our clients and our community.
On February 16, 2018, HSS closed on property at 4505 HH Road in Waterloo that we plan to operate as a bed and breakfast and a group home. The home on the property had previously been operated as The Waterloo Inn bed and breakfast.
While we’re still in the early stages of this project, we envision that this five-bedroom home will become a full-time home for three of our clients with developmental disabilities. The clients, with help and supervision from HSS staff, will work at and operate the B & B.
In addition to providing a new home for some of our clients, this project can and will offer jobs and vocational training opportunities for many.
With the available space on the property, we’ve even discussed secondary projects for the future, including gardening, an ice cream shop and event hosting.
As the first such project of it’s kind in our region, and likely in our state, this effort will be an asset to our community as well. The B & B will not only offer an additional place for visitors to stay, but will also be a draw for tourism.
We are currently working on updating the property, with the hopes that we may be able to open in late spring or early summer.
As we continue with the project, we welcome any support you or your business may be able to offer. There are several ways you can help.
- Attend our Shine Your Light Gala on June 15 to support HSS fundraising efforts. Click here to learn more.
- Make a tax-deductible donation specifically for the bed and breakfast project.
- Donate a needed item from the list below:
- beige or cream bath towels, hand towels or wash cloths
- cream or white full size sheet sets
- white queen size sheet sets
- travel size toiletries such as mini soaps, razors, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash
- Walmart Gift Cards
Read news coverage of the bed and breakfast project.